- Brightlingsea on the River Colne is rich in seafaring history and has the distinction of being the only Cinque Port outside Kent and Sussex. The town is a haven for yachting and hosts international sailing events annually.Its sandy beach runs along Western Promenade next to Batemans Tower, a historic local landmark. A parade of beach huts lines an attractive and enjoyable waterside walk where you can join the nature trail along the site of an old railway line to Alresford Creek. A range of sports and leisure activities are available along the promenade and sailing barges offer pleasure trips to visitors.Access by road via the B1027 and B1029 – CO7 0HH. Access by bus from Colchester.
- Sandy and shingle
- Beach huts
- Dog restricted area
- Car Parking – pay car park / street parking – click the link for more details Tendring Parking.
- Disabled visitors’ facilities / disabled access to beach / disabled visitors parking spaces
- Activities – Windsurfing / surfing / canoeing / sailing / jet skiing
- First aid
- Lost child centre
- Powered and non powered watercraft
- Submerged rocks on seawall
Check local signage for further information or click the following link Seafronts and Beaches | Essex Sunshine Coast
Find out more of what you can see and do in the local area at www.visitbrightlingsea.co.uk
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Tide times for 23 February 2024