- With one of the area’s best beaches and home of the UK’s second longest pier, Walton charms visitors of all ages. From beach activities to countryside walks, Walton has it all. Gently shelving beaches provide an ideal location for a day by the sea. Nearby shopping and entertainment facilities ensure there is always something going on.
The beautiful Naze cliffs and National Nature Reserve nearby provide the perfect opportunity for walking and bird watching. Gaze across Hamford Water and watch yachts enter and leave the marina whilst in the background the large vessels sail towards the Port of Harwich.
The beach is located adjacent to the town of Walton-on-the-Naze, on the Essex Sunshine Coast. Access by mainline railway connection from London and Ipswich. Bus service from Frinton on Sea and Clacton on Sea.
Access by road from the south from London and Colchester via the A12, A120, A120, A133 and B1034 and from the north from Ipswich via the A12, A120, A133 and B1034.
Clacton is accessable by train from London, see Abelio Greater Anglia for more info.
- Sandy with dog restricted area
- Disabled toilet facilities and disabled / pushchair access to beach
- Deckchair hire
- First aid
- Beach & Boat Patrol
- Lost child centre
- Bus stop at beach and on a cycle route
- Walkable to train station
- Car Parking – pay car park / Street parking / Disabled visitors’ spaces – click the link for more details Tendring Parking.
- Pier fishing
- Cross winds (this is dangerous when using inflatables in the water)
Check local signage for further information or click the following link Seafronts and Beaches | Essex Sunshine Coast
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.