Annual events include; Clacton Airshow, Tour de Tendring, Regattas, Smack and Barge Race, Pyefleet Week and Music Festivals…
Our yearly calendar of events...
Looking for holiday inpiration, or somthing to do this weekend? A whole host of annual events take place in the region throughout the year such as; Brightlingsea Music Festival, Pyefleet Week, Clacton Airshow and Clacton Carnival, Dovercourt Tour de Tendring, Frinton-on-Sea Summer Theatre on the Greensward, Harwich Festival of the Arts, Jaywick Martello Tower, Manningtree Beach Bash, Mistley Guided Walks, St Osyth the Cage, Walton Classic Car Show and Walton Trails.
If you would like to promote your local event for FREE on our “What on” page . It’s really easy, just visit our upload page and add your event.
- Quiz NightQuiz night to raise funds so for Clacton Carnival to run their events this year. Hosted by Clacton Round Table. There will also be a raffle so please bring some spare change. There is also a bar to buy drinks. Book your team in online www.clactoncarnival.org Quiz night to raise… Read more »
- Spring Talks 2022: Hi-di-Hi - The Life and Times of Butlin's ClactonGet ready to be transported back to the heyday of the British seaside holiday with this talk by Norman Jacobs on the history of Butlins. 11am - midday Talk by Norman Jacobs Event date & time: Friday, 1 April, 2022 - 11:00Venue Name: Jaywick Martello TowerVenue address: The Promenade, Belsize… Read more »
- Spring Talks 2022: The 1953 British Storm and FloodPart 1 - Friday 11 March 2022, 11am - middayPart 2 - Friday 18 March 2022, 11am - midday In this two-part talk by Adrian Wright, we will undertake an examination of the 1953 British storm and flood. Starting with analysis of how weather and tidal conditions combined, followed by… Read more »
- Spring Talks 2022: The Jaywick Gravel TradeJoin us for this fascinating talk with Bob Seago, where we will learn about the sand and gravel from the seashore around Jaywick Sands, including how it was quarried and transported. 11am to midday Learn about the sand and gravel from the seashore around Jaywick Sands. Event date & time: Friday,… Read more »
- Spring Talks 2022: Clactonian (or Jaywickian!) manThis talk by Adam Wightman will look at the Lower Palaeolithic archaeology from the Clacton and Jaywick area and explore how a Europe-wide flint tool industry became named after the town of Clacton. 11am - midday Lower Palaeolithic archaeology from the Clacton and Jaywick area. Event date & time: Friday,… Read more »
- Creative Net: Weaving with wool and found itemsFree workshops on the first Wednesday of every month. Everybody welcome! Materials, coffee, biscuits and great creative conversations provided. The area around Colchester and Tendring has a rich history of weaving since the middle ages, with immigrant refugees from France, Belgium and the Netherlands bringing their skills to the Country. In… Read more »
- Creative Net: Monochrome Wipeout TechniqueFree workshops on the first Wednesday of every month. Everybody welcome! Materials, coffee, biscuits and great creative conversations provided. Learn this fast way to shape light and dark values on your canvas. The technique is simple: once the canvas has been covered with a solid layer of dark paint, a cloth,… Read more »
- Harwich International Shanty FestivalThe old town of Harwich fills with colour and sound over the Shanty weekend with song and music, street theatre, pirates, classic boats, crafts, guided walks and more. Take a trip on a Thames Sailing Barge, attend a workshop or concert or travel on the specially decorated Shanty Train. Full… Read more »
- Clacton Air Show 2022Join us over two days and enjoy thrilling flight displays and spectacular twilight flights (Thursday only) in the skies over Clacton’s stunning seafront as well as a host of ground events on the West Greensward! As we get closer to this exciting event more details including flight times will begin… Read more »