Dovercourt is a peaceful family resort with gentle shelving sand and shingle beaches. A wide range of family activities are available along the promenade including an impressive range of sport and leisure facilities e.g. skate park, model yacht pond and boating lake. There are two cast iron lighthouses, known as Dovercourt Range Lights, one on the beach and one off-shore – when a ship saw the two lights aligned, it was on the right course. They were used until 1917 and were restored in the 1980’s. The resort enjoys panoramic views of Harwich, the port of Felixstowe and Hamford Water National Nature Reserve. Enjoy a stroll around the narrow streets in the historic old town of Harwich nearby or walk along the seawall to the nature reserve with its resident seals.
Located adjacent to the town of Dovercourt. Access by road is via the A120. Follow the signs for Award Beach. By rail the nearest station is Dovercourt, served by mainline trains from London and Ipswich. Bus services are available from Colchester, Clacton and Ipswich.
- Sandy & shingle beach with a dog restricted area
- Beach huts
- Toilets with disabled facilities
- Disabled access to beach
- First aid
- Lost child centre
- Crazy golf
- Part of a marine nature reserve
- Car Parking – free or pay car parks, street parking and disabled visitors’ spaces – click the link for more details Tendring Parking.
- Bus stop
- Walkable to train station
- On a cycle route
- Activities – Windsurfing / Canoeing / Sailing / Jet skiing / Birdwatching
- Powered and non powered watercraft
Check local signage for further information or click the following link Seafronts and Beaches | Essex Sunshine Coast
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Tide times for 28 February 2024